Mon, 07 Nov|
Davis Life Concepts for Autism — Training Workshop
The Davis Life Concepts for Autism workshop has been created to provide meaningful solutions for you or someone who you are supporting. Over ten half-day sessions, you will be introduced to the gentle, non-invasive Davis Autism Approach® and be guided on a journey to understanding the Life Concepts
Time & Location
07 Nov, 09:00 GMT – 18 Nov, 13:00 GMT
About the Event
Sessions 1 — 5: 7 — 11 November 2022.
12 and 13 November: rest days — no sessions.
Sessions 6 — 10: 14 — 18 November 2022.
Daily timings: 9:00 a.m. — 1:00 p.m.
The Davis Life Concepts for Autism workshop has been created to provide meaningful solutions for you or someone who you are supporting.
In this forty-hour workshop, you will be introduced to the gentle, non-invasive Davis Autism Approach® and be guided on a journey to understanding the Life Concepts created by Ron Davis and outlined in the book, 'Autism and the Seeds of Change.'
The workshop gives participants the training and materials required to take a loved one through the Davis Life Concepts for Autism programme, including:
- A set of simple, effective self-management strategies, that enable you to manage stress, control energy levels, and maintain focus.
- How to achieve Individuation – helping your loved one to develop accurate perception and an awareness of self.
- Gaining practical experience in using clay to explicitly teach the Davis Life Concepts for Autism. These include: consequence, time, sequence, order and disorder - facilitating true understanding of one's environment. Other concepts covered include: emotion, want, need, motivation, and responsibility. There is also a set of Relationship Concepts which include exploring relationships based on trust, belief, agreement and rules; as well as the idea of making decisions based on what is good, bad, right and wrong.
- Developing a knowledge base of how to integrate these concepts into your loved one’s daily life.
- Creating a support network.
Director, Davis Learning Foundation
Davis Life Concepts for Autism Workshop Presenter
Davis Learning Strategies Workshop Presenter
Davis Dyslexia Workshop Presenter and Davis Specialist
Richard has been a Davis Programme Facilitator since 2002. Having been a classroom teacher for several years, he originally discovered the Davis methods when looking for a solution for the son of some friends.
His extensive background in education includes time spent teaching in both the adult and mainstream secondary educational sectors.
Richard has a keen interest in holistic approaches to health and learning; alongside his dyslexia work, he has run workshops on effective parent/child communication based on the work of Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish.
In recent years, Richard has lectured and presented on the Davis learning methods in countries and cultures as diverse as the UK, Ireland, Iceland, Estonia, Poland, Portugal, Italy (Sardinia), New Zealand and the United States.
Richard's original university education was as a linguist, and he speaks several European languages. Alongside Richard's work with the Davis methods, he is also a Patoss-accredited Specialist Teacher Assessor, specialising in multilingual SpLD assessments for non-native speakers of English in the UK.
Richard is author of the book Why Tyrannosaurus But Not If ?, together with an accompanying free fifteen-part e-mentoring course for teachers and parents of struggling learners, a six-week practical course for parents and a practical workshop for teachers. He has written articles on neurodiverse learning styles for publications that include Literacy Today, Green Parent Magazine and Personnel Today magazine.
DLCA – Payment All In One
DLCA – Initial Booking Deposit
+£12.50 Service fee
Secure your place with an initial 50% deposit plus £12.50 service fee. You will be invoiced for the balance, which will fall due one month prior to attending and can be paid by bank transfer, Paypal, Wise, or using the "Balance Payment" ticket on this page.
+£12.50 Service fee0
DLCA – Balance Payment
Due by 6th September if you paid a 50% deposit to book.