Tue, 21 Jun|
The Gift of Dyslexia Workshop – Online
Learn the full range of basic Davis Dyslexia techniques hands-on, from the comfort of your own home.
Time & Location
21 Jun, 09:00 BST – 25 Jun, 15:30 BST
About the Event
This 5-day workshop is an introduction to the basic theories, principles and application of all the procedures described in Ronald Davis's internationally best-selling book, The Gift of Dyslexia, and more.
Training is done with a combination of lectures, demonstrations, group practice, and question and answer sessions. Attendance is limited to ensure the highest quality of training.
Who Should Attend
Parents • Home educators • Teachers • SENCOs • Special Needs Support Staff • Tutors •
Psychologists • Counsellors • Speech therapists • Occupational Therapists • Trainers • Researchers • Career Guidance Counsellors • Anyone interested in helping others correct their dyslexia
Participants will learn:
- How the Davis procedures were developed.
- How to screen for the “gift of dyslexia” and establish a symptoms profile.
- How to help dyslexics eliminate perceptual disorientation and focus their attention.
- Special techniques for working with people who do not visualize well or have ADHD symptoms.
- How to incorporate and use proven methods for reducing confusion and mistakes in a classroom, home-schooling, tutoring or therapeutic setting.
- How to structure a Davis Dyslexia Programme.
To keep you safe during the Covid pandemic, we have moved our professional training online. But the Gift of Dyslexia online is still the Gift of Dyslexia. This is no dry webinar. We employ a host of creative innovations to ensure the same dynamic, convivial, hands-on experience that you would expect from any Davis methods workshop. Features of the online workshop experience include:
- face-to-face video conferencing in real time
- short video demonstrations of key procedures in a face-to-face setting
- animated walk-throughs of our main procedures
- adapted pairwork practice in "breakout rooms"
- content review and Q&A sessions to reinforce your learning as you go along
- in-session use of plasticine, so you can experience Davis Symbol Mastery hands-on
Your Workshop Presenter
Director, Davis Workshop Presenter and Davis Specialist
Davis Learning Strategies Workshop Presenter
Davis Life Concepts for Autism Workshop Presenter
Richard has been a Davis Dyslexia Programme Facilitator since 2002. Having been a classroom teacher for several years, he originally discovered the Davis methods when looking for a solution for the son of some friends.
His extensive background in education includes time spent teaching in both the adult and mainstream secondary educational sectors.
Richard has a keen interest in holistic approaches to health and learning; alongside his dyslexia work, he has run workshops on effective parent/child communication based on the work of Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish.
Richard has lectured and presented on the Davis learning methods in countries and cultures as diverse as the UK, Ireland, Iceland, Estonia, Poland, Portugal, Italy, New Zealand and the United States.
Richard's original university education was as a linguist, and he speaks several European languages. Alongside Richard's work with the Davis methods, he is also a Patoss-accredited Specialist Teacher Assessor, specialising in multilingual SpLD assessments for non-native speakers of English in the UK.
Richard is author of the book Why Tyrannosaurus But Not If ?, together with an accompanying free fifteen-part e-mentoring course for teachers and parents of struggling learners, a six-week practical course for parents and a practical workshop for teachers. He has written articles on the dyslexic learning style for publications as diverse as Literacy Today, Green Parent Magazine and Personnel Today magazine and has recorded video presentations on dyslexia for the Dystalk project.
Workshop Place – full payment
Secure your place and pay for it in one go. If you do, the card fees are on us.