Thu, 06 Jan|
What Is The Davis Autism Approach, And How Can It Help? Europe-friendly timing
Courtesy of Ron Davis Autism Foundation, a free webinar to learn more about the Davis Autism Approach, the ground-breaking programme created by Ron Davis, a simple-thinking, autistic genius.
Time & Location
06 Jan, 19:30 – 20:30 GMT
About the Event
In this webinar you will discover:
- Why concepts such as change, cause and effect, time, and order (and more) can be so challenging for autistic individuals.
- Why ‘individuation’ is such a fundamental building block for understanding these life concepts.
- How the Davis Autism Approach Program effectively facilitates solid understanding of life concepts in the world around them.
- How the program builds bridges for an autistic individual into the world of others - facilitating social integration without the need to rote learn social skills.
- How self-regulation can be fostered in order to develop the ability to regulate focus, stress and energy levels.
There will be a Q&A session at the end of the presentation, so that you have the opportunity to have all of your questions answered.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
RICHARD WHITEHEAD is author of the popular online course, Why Tyrannosaurus But Not If? (www.whytyrannosaurusbutnotif.com), a fifteen-part e-mentoring course for teachers of struggling learners. More recently, he has authored a book bearing the same name, which was published in paperback and Kindle edition in July 2017. The book and course draw on Richard’s background as a Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCo), classroom teacher, dyslexia assessor and dyslexia practitioner and pay especial regard to the work of Ronald Davis.
We hope to see you there!